Located 44 km south-west of the Sydney CBD, Ingleburn is in the local government area of the city of Campbelltown and is part of the Macarthur region.
In 1885, the village of Ingleburn was founded when an estate owned by a developer was subdivided. Development followed, until the area was big enough to have its own municipal council in 1896 and saw large development in the 1970s.
Today Ingleburn has its own Town Centre, with lots of options for shopping along Lagonda Drive. With local schools in nearby suburbs, Ingleburn is the perfect neighbourhood for families with school-aged children.
Population quick facts
- Total population: 15,039
- Number of families: 4,024
- Top age groups and lifestyles: Older couples and families, established couples with children, and established independent individuals
- Median rent: $410 per week
- Median property price: $670,000
- Top dwelling structure: Separate house
- Average bedrooms per property: 3.1
*Data based on the Census 2016.