Lurnea, located 35 km south-west of the Sydney CBD, is part of the local government of the city of Liverpool. After WWI the area was turned into a soldier settlement before 1970, when it was transformed into a residential suburb.
Lurnea offers convenience and affordability. It is home to three schools as well as Lurnea Supermarket, with easy access to retail in nearby Casula and Liverpool.
Population quick facts
- Total population: 9,311
- Number of families: 2,262
- Top age groups and lifestyles: Older couples and families, established couples and families, and maturing couples and families
- Median rent: $430 per week
- Median property price: $703,000
- Top dwelling structure: Separate house
- Average bedrooms per property: 3
Places of interest and local attractions
- Amalfi Memorial Park
- Phillip Park Tennis Centre
- Lurnea High School
- Lurnea Public School
*Data based on the Census 2016.