Glen Alpine, located 56 km south-west of the Sydney CBD, is part of the local government area of the city of Campbelltown and is in the Macarthur region.
The suburb has its origins as a golf course estate and throughout the late 1990s developed towards the Macarthur Square shopping centre. It is a low density residential suburb with plenty of greenery and most homes under 20 years old.
Golfing is still a popular activity among locals as the famous Campbelltown Golf Course remains a focal point in the suburb. The suburb has its own local shopping centre, but just a few minutes up the road is Macarthur Square Shopping Centre and Campbelltown Mall.
Population quick facts
- Total population: 4,559
- Number of families: 1,323
- Top age groups and lifestyles: Older couples and families, established couples and families, and older independence
- Median rent: $590 per week
- Median property price: $870,000
- Top dwelling structures: Separate house
- Average bedrooms per property: 4.3
Place of interest
- Campbelltown Golf Course
- Glen Alpine Shopping Centre
*Data based on the Census 2016.