Chipping Norton, located 27 km south-west of the Sydney CBD, is part of the local government area of the city of Liverpool. There was little growth until the 1880s, but rapid growth took place after the war.
Today Chipping Norton is an established residential area, with a thriving commercial and industrial sector that provides plenty of local employment opportunities. It is considered one of the most affluent suburbs in South West Sydney with many beautiful homes overlooking its parks.
One of the many well-known features in the suburb is the Chipping Norton Lake, which is part of the Georges River system. It is a recreational park with walkways, bikeways, playground, BBQ facilities, and a community hall that can be hired to hold special celebrations.
This suburb is recommended for families with children, retirees and professionals, and is very close to amenities. The main shopping destination for locals is the Market Plaza Chipping Norton.
Population quick facts
- Total population: 9,001
- Number of families: 2,45
- Top age groups and lifestyles: Older couples and families, established couples and families, and independent youth
- Median rent: $580 per week
- Median property price: $960,000
- Top dwelling structure: Separate house
- Average bedrooms per property: 3.6
Places of interest and local attractions
- Chipping Norton Lake
- Lake Moore
- Chipping Norton Public School
- Chipping Norton Market Plaza
- Homestead Park
*Data based on the Census 2016.