Cartwright, located 38 km south-west of the Sydney CBD, is part of the local government area of the city of Liverpool.
The suburb was established in 1972, but major development occurred mainly from the 1960s, as part of the Green Valley public housing area. Today, Cartwright is an established residential and parkland area. It is a family-friendly suburb with a peaceful neighbourhood and great culture. Students have easy access to schools within the suburb – the Cartwright Public School, Miller Technology High School and Macarthur Community College – as well as parklands and other recreational areas.
Population quick facts
- Total population: 2,370
- Number of families: 542
- Top age groups and lifestyles: Elderly singles, independent youth and maturing couples and families
- Median rent: $420 per week
- Median property price: $650,000
- Top dwelling structure: Separate house
- Average bedrooms per property: 2.7
Places of interest
- Cartwright Public School
- Powell Park
- Liverpool City BMX Club
*Data based on the Census 2016.