Carnes Hill, located 38 km south-west of the Sydney CBD, is part of the government area of the city of Liverpool and is in the Greater Western Sydney region.
The first European settlement began in the 1800s, with land primarily utilised for farming. It wasn’t until the early 1990s that major development took place, with the construction of a large number of dwellings in the area. Growth was slower between 2001 and 2011, with fewer dwellings built in the suburb.
Today, Carnes Hill is an established residential area, with an industrial precinct in its south-east.
Population quick facts
- Total population: 2,043
- Number of families: 554
- Top age groups and lifestyles: Established couples and families, independent youth, and young families
- Median rent: $600 per week
- Median property price: $865,000
- Top dwelling structure: Separate house
- Average bedrooms per property: 4
Places of interest and nearby attractions
- Carnes Hill Marketplace
- Carnes Hill Community and Recreation Precinct
- Brownes Farm Reserve
*Data based on the Census 2016.